THREE fire trucks and 10 firefighters from Wangaratta Fire Brigade attended a house fire possibly caused by a lightning strike on Sunday night.
Senior station officer Greg Mitchell of Wangaratta Fire Brigade said the Larkings Street property caught fire at around 9.15pm, likely due to a power surge during the thunderstorm.
He said power line wiring caught fire where it connected to the house, igniting timber components in the ceiling space of the roof.
He said a neighbour first noticed the fire and alerted the residents.
Power supply to the house was isolated and the fire was quickly brought under control.
He said the location of the fire near the power line meant the property suffered minor structural damage.